Saturday, March 9, 2013

Liebster Award

My sister-in-law nominated me for a Liebster award. The Liebster Award is a recognition that is passed on from one small blogger to another as a way of supporting each other. Leibster means "dearest" in German.  Sadie, who nominated me, is the blogger on The Saga of Sadie.  She has a cute little family, always bakes/cooks something delicious, and always seems to do really fun things with her kids.  I learn a lot from her.

Here is what she had me do:

Nominate 3 of your favorite blogs. 

I nominate:

1. Casie from Casie Lee Photographee, because not only is she one of my best high school friends, she recently started a photography business and does a great job.  She also keeps a family blog.

2. Annie from The Kunz Trio, because my sister is the cutest pregnant lady ever and is one of the diminishing few who keeps a regular family blog.

3. Kathie from The Gwilliam Gazette, because although hers is also a family blog, she is great at recording the cute things her boys say and makes the cutest felt quiet book pages and I would probably pay her to make some for me.

Tell 5 of your likes and 5 of your dislikes

I like cinnamon, gardening, watching movies, Escada's Rockin' Rio fragrance, and steam rooms.
I dislike driving in the snow, coconut, calling people, high-maintenance clothes, and watching basketball.

Answer these questions:

If you were a color what would you be and why? I never know how to answer this question.  I will say Gray, because I'm not usually extreme black or white about anything, I am versatile with many interests, and I may even be a little boring.  Haha.

What's your dream vacation? I have always wanted to visit Greece, but lately I've been really interested in Italy.

What do you do to relax? I like to wind down with a good movie and hot chocolate or some other sugary snack.

Do you have a coping mechanism for stress? What is it?  When I'm stressed out, I give myself a time out.  Sometimes that's shutting myself in my room, sometimes it's going for a walk, sometimes it's dropping everything and holding one of my children, sometimes I read a church talk, sometimes I cry!

If you had a free day to yourself, what would you do? I'm a homebody, so I would lay in bed and stare out the window until I felt like getting up, I would go for a walk if it was warm, I would work on some projects, watch a movie or two, read a book until I fell asleep for a nap, pick up some food so I don't have to make something, wander around Target.  And probably not much else.

If you 3 ladies above want to play along, follow my example: nominate 3 others, tell 5 of your likes and dislikes, and answer the same questions (because I'm too lazy to come up with my own right now).  It would be fun to get to know you better!

1 comment:

Sadie said...

Awww, thanks for playing along. I really liked reading your answers. And I'm so glad you update your blog regularly. I still don't understand why people say it's so hard. It takes a few minutes and the effort is so worth it. I love looking back through my blog. It's such a fun journal.