- Weighs 11 lbs. 11 oz. (45%) and is 23 inches tall (48%). For once, we have an average-sized baby!
- Wears 0-3 month clothes perfectly.
- Still has blue eyes and blond hair. His hair hasn't grown much, but he's getting a little bald spot in back where he rubs it when laying down.
- Nurses really well now. I actually don't hate nursing this time around and this is the longest we've done it exclusively. He also takes a bottle just fine when needed. I enjoy being forced to sit and relax and cuddle him every few hours. He's also really efficient, so feedings are generally not much more than 15 minutes. He eats about every 3 to 3 1/2 hours during the day.
- Does not spit up! I generally don't even use a burp cloth.
- Is starting to drool.
- Sleeps 7+ hours at night. I feed him at about 9:30 p.m. and then not again until 5 or 6 a.m. He also takes one long nap during the day and the others are about 1 1/2 hours long.
- Likes his pacifier for naps and to get back to sleep during the night.
- Sucks on his hand.
- Is getting a strong neck, tries to sit up, and kicks his legs like crazy.
- Has been pretty serious up to now, but we're finally getting some smiles out of him. He loves to be talked to and loves to explore our faces. He gets excited when he sees me coming for him.
- Makes cute little cooing and sighing sounds and sometimes laughs.
- Is still really content and hardly ever cries.
- Loves to snuggle. Sometimes he just wants to be held, and he likes to burrow his face into a soft blanket to fall asleep.
Friday, February 8, 2013
A Perfect Two Month Old
Posted by Riki Lee