Monday, January 21, 2013

The Things They Say


I just can't help laughing at the things they say sometimes...

EMERSEN:

Emersen came to Stanford's 2-month doctor appointment with me.  While the doctor examined Stan on the table, Emersen pulled up a footstool right next to her and was very interested.  She said, "I hope he's okay, Doctor," and then continued to tell the doctor all about the baby.
~~~
On New Year's Day in Oak City, Daniel went out to practice shooting his new gun with my dad and brother-in-law.  When Emersen asked where he was, I told her they went shooting.  When they came back, she asked them, "Are you done shooting bad guys?"
~~~
Emersen got some kid lipstick from her grandma for Christmas.  One day, she told me she was going to put makeup on her dolls so they could go to a fancy party.  I said, "I don't think that's a good idea."  She insisted, "But they need makeup to be style."  I told her to be careful.  After a little while, she came back upstairs and said, "Mom, I should have listened to what you told me."  But she wouldn't tell me what happened and didn't want me to go downstairs.  When I finally snuck down there, I saw her lipstick all over some dolls and toys and in the carpet.  I called her down and had her help me clean it up.  She again said, "I should have listened to what you told me" because the lipstick wouldn't come off everything.

BENTLEY:

When I carry Bentley into the bathroom to wash after eating, he usually says, "Too tight!"
~~~
Bentley does not like to be laughed at.  If he thinks you're laughing at him, he yells, "Not funny!" and gets mad.
~~~
If Bentley is talking to Daniel or me, he doesn't want the other person responding.  If I respond to something he asks Daniel, he says, "I'm talking about daddy!", meaning "I'm talking TO daddy."
~~~
When Bentley doesn't get what he wants, he whines, "I NEED it!"

1 comment:

K'Lyn Lyman said...

So smart to keep track of what they say!