Monday, January 7, 2013

One Month Old

Time has flown by since this little man joined our family!  He's already a month old and I haven't really written anything about him.  I took him in for his "2-week" checkup at about 3.5 weeks, and he was pronounced practically perfect in every way.  Here are a few things to remember about Stanford:

  • He was 9 lbs. even and 21 inches - 40% across the board.  I can tell he's filling out and getting bigger.
  • Even though he's bigger than Bentley was, his hands and feet are smaller.
  • He still has dark blue eyes and dark blonde hair.
  • Nursing started out rough and still isn't perfect, but it's getting better.  He's still my best nurser so far.
  • He eats about every 3.5 hours during the day and every 4-5 hours at night.
  • He likes to sleep and often just falls asleep on the floor amidst all the craziness.  There have been a few nights where I got more than 5 hours straight of sleep!
  • He doesn't spit up.
  • He is very calm and content and rarely cries.  Just what a third child should be.
  • He smiled at me when he was only a few days old.  He was staring at me for a long time and I was talking to him and he smiled!
  • We can't figure out who he looks like.  His face isn't as round and his nose is a little different.
  • He loves to be held.  And he loves the swing.
  • He is now wearing 0-3 month clothes.
  • Sometimes he gets restless late in the evening and won't go to bed until 11:30, so he and Daniel get some one-on-one time watching a movie or something.
  • He loves music.  He relaxes instantly when sung to.
I found a picture of Bentley at about the same age to compare these two boys.  They do look different!
We all ADORE this new addition.  The kids just can't get enough of him.  He will definitely never lack for love and attention!  I'm excited to watch him grow and learn new things.  But I hope it doesn't go by too fast . . .

1 comment:

Sadie said...

He does look different! I think Bentley and Emmersen look a lot alike but Stanford does have a different look. He is cute!