Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Last Belly Picture

I'm 39 weeks pregnant.
By this weekend, we'll have a sweet baby boy to hold!
Because I tested positive for GBS and need antibiotics during labor and had such a short labor last time, I decided to schedule an induction for this Friday.
It should help relieve other anxieties too like having the older kids tended instead of needing to call someone in the middle of the night.
I've never wanted to be induced before, but I was told that with my history, they would probably just have to break my water to get things started.
No pitocin.
No being hooked up to machines the whole time.
Yay!
That is, if everything goes as planned.
At my appointment this week, I was already dilated to 4 cm and 80% effaced and the baby is low, so my midwife predicted another quick labor since I'm already half way there.
She also said I had good fluid.  Is that a compliment?
I'm a little surprised baby hasn't decided to come on his own these past couple of days.
I had a lot of contractions last weekend and almost thought that was going to be it, but things have calmed down since then.
I definitely feel like my body is ready. I feel like any second the baby is going to push hard enough to break my water.
Walking and sitting and standing up are all getting to be a joke.
My appetite has diminished, I'm super tired, and I'm trying to eek out every last drop of patience with the kids.
Daniel misses riding his bike to work and school.  He has been driving this week just in case he needs to hurry home.
I think I've done everything important that I needed to get done.
We're all excited for the new addition, probably no one more than me.  There is just something so precious about newborns.  I can't wait to see what he looks like and to snuggle him.
It's crazy to think that we will have THREE kids tomorrow.
Now we just have to decide on the perfect name.

2 comments:

Casie said...

You look so cute! I'm sure you don't feel that way, but you do! I'm so excited to see what he looks like and to find out his name. :) Good luck!!!

Jenna said...

I am so jealous! I feel the same way you do, and I still have 4 weeks left! Good luck tomorrow. Can't wait to hear what you name him.

Also, I love your grown-out bangs. You look fantastic.