Sunday, November 25, 2012

My Birthday

I think Daniel was worried that I was going to have a meltdown about turning 30, so he planned a great birthday for me.  It was so nice that it was the day after Thanksgiving, so he didn't have school or work and we all got to be together all day.  It started out with these pretty little flowers that Emersen picked out for me.  She gets so excited about birthdays and surprises.
Then he sent me off to get a pedicure.  It was just what I needed since I can no longer reach my own toes.  After a poor night's sleep, I almost fell asleep in the chair while they were being done.
 I got home to find that Daniel and Emersen had made a special cake for me.  It was chocolate cake with triple chocolate frosting with kit kats around the edge and M&Ms sprinkled on top.  Enough chocolate, you think?  (We all ruined our dinners with a piece that night.)  Daniel said that in the process so many kit kats and M&Ms were eaten that they didn't quite have enough to cover the cake :)
 The kids helped me blow out candles.  About five times.

 This picture is a little fuzzy but just too perfect not to keep.  Love his expression.  So delectable.  He does love chocolate.
 My parents also came up to wish me a happy birthday and watch the kids.  They brought some fun little gifts.  Daniel also bought me a necklace, which still hasn't arrived in the mail.
 We all went to Wendy's for lunch, and then my parents stayed with the kids while Daniel and I went to see the new James Bond movie.  We rarely see movies in the theater so it was a real treat.  I also love the rare one-on-one time with Daniel.  We just relaxed the rest of the evening.  Even though I would probably feel better about turning 30 if I wasn't nine months pregnant, I did NOT have a meltdown and it was a really great day.  Thanks, Daniel, for always treating me so well!

3 comments:

Sadie said...

How fun! You look so great. 30 isn't so bad. I'm liking my 30's better than my 20's. ;)

Carrie said...

So fun! Love the pictures. What a great birthday.

Annie said...

looks like the perfect birthday!