Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Day for Gratitude

Being so close to my due date, we decided it would be best not to go too far for Thanksgiving this year.  Daniel's brother and sister-in-law invited us to their home in Stockton, Utah, for the festivities.  We went out late morning and stayed until bedtime.  It was a nice relaxing day full of delicious food and good company.  The kids relished playing and running around with their cousins, one of the best things about holidays.  I also made my first ever pumpkin pies from scratch, which I discovered makes a great leftover breakfast and lunch too.








Bentley was so tired from running around all day instead of napping that he actually snuggled with me for a little while!  I made sure Daniel documented it.  My belly got in his way after a little while though :)
My sister-in-law and I are due within one week of each other, so of course we had to take a belly picture together.
I have so many blessings to be thankful for that I could never even begin to list them.  I have been especially grateful lately for my eternal family, immediate and extended, for the opportunity of being a mother, and for the immense joy that I feel from such choice relationships and love.  I hope that I can remember to show my gratitude every day, not just on Thanksgiving.

No comments: